Sick Building Syndrome is the term used to describe a building that contains enough environmental toxins to degrade the occupant’s health.  It doesn't matter how healthy you are, the sickest of buildings will affect everyone.  Sick buildings cause sickness.  It is as simple as that.

How can you tell if your building is sick?  There are often simple clues that occupants may notice such as feeling unwell or fatigued inside the building.  Some occupants may develop symptoms quicker than others.  But most people don't even realize they are living or working in a sick building.

People with detoxification weaknesses or existing body burdens like infections are often more vulnerable to sick building.  Others, who are healthier and more resilient, may not notice any symptoms.  These people can often get by inhabiting a sick building for years before noticing any health effects.

It doesn't matter if you eat the healthiest organic foods, drink the purest water, or seek top-of-the-line medical treatments.  All of these things can certainly help you feel marginally better, but if the sick building you are inhabiting is not addressed, chances are that you will not get well.

In a home environment, there are some very common problems that are associated with sick buildings.  Buildings often have one or more of these problems:

Elevated Carbon Dioxide
Carbon Monoxide
Magnetic Fields
Dirty Electricity
Wireless Radiation
Elevated Electric Fields
Pesticide Residue
Herbicide Residue

Natural Gas Leaks
Volatile Organic Compounds
Mold and Mycotoxins
High Particulate Counts
Toxic Dust
Flame Retardants
Dust Mites
Synthetic Fragrances
Sewer Gas
Radon Gas